So I am now part of the South African tradition: I have been broken into and had people I don't know rumage through my underwear draw, make of with my most prized possesions (damn jewellery for being so sentimental) and generally scare the shit out of me. Thats right: we had a break in! And here's where the nostalgia comes in: 10 years in our house and not an incident...its silly but i have never been a nervous person, despite the ridiculous crime rate. Stupidly enough I still believed it happened to other people. But alas I am other people. Sorry to anyone who spoke to me yesterday: i was practically packing my bags and leaving the country that nite :) never under estimate the hysteria of two women (me and my mom) scorned by baddies... Anyway shit has calmed down and we have resolved to get a big Fuck Off scary black dog and start setting the alarm (duh), and are putting the imigration plans on hold...until next time :(
So here is the question i pose to you today...Is it possible to feel nostalgic about something you didn't experience? I am listening to Tiny Dancer (sorry...still not over it) and thinking of that scene in Almost Famous *SIGH* I was totally born in the wrong era - I do not want to follow Eminem around the countryside thank you very much, or the Backstreet Boys (ick). Well I am in good company, Mr Dave Grohl from the Foos also gets all nostalgic from this song (although i don't know what he is getting al misty eyed about - the bastard has his own fucking groupies) and did quite an amusing version of it, a sort of tribute to Cameron Crowe. Anyway anyone wanting to hear it, ask and thou shalt recieve (in the form of an e-mail)
In other exciting news: One more sleep until my brother gets here. Yay! Will not be at work tomorrow (whoop whoop) as will be fetching the little bastard from the airport. Who said families don't have benefits?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Im so sorry about your break in, but i'm so with you on that "it happens to other people" thing! It was just yesterday that I sat at the Rivonia Rd offramp thinking...I can't believe people get hijacked here and in the back of my mind thinking " i can't believe you think it wont happen to you"... we always think we're invincible until it happens to us, despite the best advice. DOH!
it's me...mwaaahhhhh! Dude, so been there, done that with Mr Burglar! I woke up with the guy not 2 feet away from me, hands in my bag! Fuckwank! Anyway, it's unfortunately a way of life that we have come to accept, which is bullshit! I don't know when the gov are going to sort out crime cos currently, they suck at it!
But guess what...I'm here...commenting on your blog! I like it!
Post a Comment